Westfield High School
Varsity Swim & Dive Team
Home of the Bulldogs !
NEWS Bulletins ! THE Team Coaches Contacts / volunteers Communication
See more Photos and Videos on the Pictures page.
Welcome to the 2018 / 2019
Westfield High School
Varsity Swim & Dive Team
Westfield High School is located in the Centreville/Chantilly area of Fairfax County, Virginia, just west of Washington, DC.
Swim & Dive contributions to Westfield High School athletics began early in the school's history. In Westfield's opening year, both a boy and a girl from the team captured individual State swimming honors, bringing home the school's First State Championships.
The Bulldog team competes in Virginia's most prolific Class 6 (formerly AAA/6A) swimming Region and continues to distinguish itself with District, Region and State Champions.
Web Site Last Updated: 1/16/19 (6:44PM)
Be certain to use your browser's "Refresh" button or your keyboard's "F5" key to ensure that you are viewing the latest information.
Please take a look at the Inclement Weather Policy.
MEET WEEK #7, SENIOR NIGHT, FINAL DUAL MEET
- All practices as usual.
- Thursday, Jan. 17: All practices as usual.
Immediately following practice we go to the DRIVER’S ED ROOM (just inside door 11) for the Team Dinner. We do NOT need food contributions this week.
- Friday, Jan. 18: Dual meet #7 vs. Oakton. This will be our final dual meet.
IT IS SENIOR NIGHT. Senior parents please come down on deck at the end of the diving and look for Mrs. Cromwell and Mr. Morris near the windows at the diving end of the pool.
Diving will go first, then swimming will begin.
Divers need to be on deck at the pool by 5:45PM.
Swimmers need to report to Cub Run, (not the high school), by 6:00PM.
Dive warm-ups are at 6:00PM and diving begins at 6:30PM.
Swim warm-ups start after dive at approximately 7:30PM.
1. Report directly to Cub Run wearing your dress sweats and team T-shirt.
2. Don't forget your swimsuit, goggles, cap, towel & water bottle. No boom-boxes or noise makers.
3. Come down on deck and sit beside the diving area and support the divers.
4. It is important to be quiet during the dive portion of the meet.
5. DO NOT leave the deck or go to the bleacher area during the meet. Bleachers are for parents and friends.
6. YOU MUST BE IN SCHOOL ON FRIDAY TO BE ELIGIBLE TO SWIM IN THE MEET.
7. We will have a team meeting right after the meet and attendance will be taken.
8. Make sure that everyone sees your talent and your sportsmanship !
SCORES, TIMES, PICTURES
Details from all meets are available on the Times page.
Photos are on the Pictures page with the new Senior Pictures.
PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE
Swim & Dive is a 60+ member team with the need for many volunteers !
If you haven’t signed up to volunteer, contact the volunteer coordinator that you would like to work with using the Contacts list below.
We are in particular need of Relay/Takeoff Judges. There is no cert or training required for these positions.
You can sign up using the SignUPGenius link below:
OR, Contact John Vlattas - at JVlattas@Me.com or 703-585-4816. Thanks for your help.
Thanks to all parents who volunteer each week, to score our Divers and time our Swimmers.
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- See the team Roster.
- Don't forget the Events Preview Calendar for a look at this season's "things to come".
- Please take a look at the Inclement Weather Policy.
- See the 2018/19 Standards (cuts) for the Region, the State and All America Swim.
Also on the Times page: Individual Team Records, Individual State Records, State Champion Teams.
DO NOT MISS COACH EMAILS !
Most often, email and Bulletins (above) will be used to communicate with team members and their families.
Please be certain that the Coaches have your latest email address on the team distribution list. Our Coaches contact information is below.
At times, one of our volunteer coordinators may have the need to communicate information. These coordinators will also use email and Bulletins to communicate. Our volunteers are listed at the bottom of this page.
In case of INCLEMENT WEATHER (snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain), you can go to the Fairfax County Public Schools website for information. FCPS Cable TV operates three open cable TV channels - 21, 25 and 99.
Generally, if public schools are closed or dismiss early, ALL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED and there will be no team-related activities.
Also, note that the Park Authority no longer has the same inclement weather policy as the schools,
... IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED, THERE WILL BE NO PRACTICES OR OTHER ACTIVITIES (regardless of what Cub Run and the parks decide).